Wednesday 14 March 2007

Beach House Part 2

Along the Coral Coast, (southern Viti Levu) is an haven fit for any hard working Suva dweller. This weekend I could be found lying on the beach, looking up at the coconut palms… hoping they wouldn’t deliver a fatal blow.

Come midnight with decision making impaired by several alcoholic beverages I rose to the challenge placed before me by an English backpacker (who’d had more to drink than me). The old who-can-stay-under-the-water-the-longest competition. Aust:0, UK:1

Whilst it’s convenient to have the bar so close to the pool, one has to wonder about the safety issues… as the evening digressed along with my state of mind, it became the who-can-do-the-biggest-bomb competition… Australia:1 UK:1

Whilst there, I had the most relaxing massage… over an hour for $AU15. Not one of those light, fluffy do-nothing jobs. I came out covered head to toe in coconut oil, with a bad oily hair-do and was so unwound I needed to sleep. Received a few tips on cooking that dreaded Dalo leaf during the rubdown … I am determined.

Renee marked her birthday on Saturday night in great company, with much philosophizing and several different card games which lessened in difficulty as the night wore on. Pass the Ace was the finishing game… even that provided a challenge for some.

I’ve received requests for lots more photos… so I am going nuts… a combination of Renee’s (the good ones) and mine, taken at the Beach House.

No comments: